The West Virginia Wesleyan soccer group is ready to play at West Liberty on Saturday (Sept. 24). The sport is ready to kick off at 1 p.m. from West Household Stadium in West Liberty, W.Va.
- Fast Hits
- Final day out, the Bobcats have been narrowly defeated by Harmony 34-32 in WVWC’s house opener.
- Nathan Payne threw three touchdowns and 372 passing yards versus the Mountain Lions on Sept. 17. Payne ranks third within the Mountain East Convention in passing yards with 663.
- Standout vast receiver Devin Washington is on the high of the MEC with 124.0 receiving yards per sport. Washington set a career-high 146 receiving yards final day out to go together with a rating.
- The Bobcat protection compelled 5 turnovers versus Harmony.
- Sophomore defensive again Donovan Woods precipitated two turnovers versus Harmony. Woods, from Charlotte, N.C., compelled a fumble and picked the ball up for a landing within the opening drive of the sport. Woods additionally tallied an interception within the fourth quarter to go together with two cross breakups. The Bobcat defender is considered one of eight MEC gamers with a number of interceptions within the 2022 season.
- Ely Ghameshlougy, a freshman from Woodbridge, Va., and Deontre Logan, a senior from Richmond, Va., lead the Bobcats with 25.0 whole tackles.
- Jalen Fant leads the MEC in fumble recoveries (two).
- WVWC Head Coach Dwayne Martin leads the ‘Cats in his second season on the helm.
Scouting West Liberty
West Liberty opened the season with wins over Clarion and Alderson Broaddus. The ‘Toppers dropped a street match versus #17 Notre Dame Faculty in week three.
Bakersfield, Calif. native Shon Stephens leads the WLU defensive unit. Stephens picked off 4 passes within the Hilltoppers’ matchup versus AB, setting a MEC single-game report. The junior defensive again was named D2 Soccer Nationwide Defensive Participant of the Week for his efficiency versus the Battlers. Stephens has totaled seven interceptions and two pick-six’s in three video games.
Offensively, Quincy Wimbish leads the WLU speeding assault, averaging 78 yards per sport. Quarterbacks Rudy Garcia and Jamie Diven have break up time. Garcia has accomplished 34 passes for 3 touchdowns, whereas Diven has thrown for 263 yards and one passing landing. Rashawn Harvey is the main receiver for West Liberty. Harvey has racked up 137 receiving yards and one landing.
Roger Waialae is in his 18th season patrolling the sidelines for the Hilltoppers. Waialae’s 90 profession wins are the best mark out of all MEC head coaches.
The Bobcats will compete in its homecoming sport versus Wheeling on Saturday (Oct. 1). The sport will begin at midday from Ross Discipline.