New Line Cinema teases {that a} new movie is transferring ahead

The indications {that a} new entry within the Friday the thirteenth franchise is lastly beginning to transfer ahead maintain stacking up. Producer Roy Lee, whose identify was first hooked up to Friday the thirteenth back in 2018, just lately said he thought we’d be listening to information on the mission by the tip of the 12 months. Franchise producer Sean S. Cunningham (who directed the unique movie) mentioned on his Cameo web page {that a} thirteenth Friday the thirteenth film is “scheduled for next year”. And now the franchise’s dwelling studio New Line Cinema has teased {that a} new movie is within the works by sharing an Instagram put up the place it appears to be like like Jason Voorhees is attempting to get in touch with them.

That is trying very promising. Which is stunning, as a result of the franchise has been slowed down by numerous points for a very long time. 13 years have handed for the reason that launch of the earlier movie. A sequel to that one didn’t get off the bottom as a result of, for the reason that 2009 film had remake parts in it, it required a deal between New Line Cinema and the franchise’s former dwelling Paramount. The studios didn’t wish to break up the income a second time. Then New Line’s guardian firm Warner Bros. provided Paramount the chance to make as many Friday the thirteenth films as they may over a span of 5 years, in trade for Warner Bros. attending to take Interstellar from Paramount. Paramount simply saved Friday the thirteenth in growth hell throughout these 5 years and managed to make zero new films. Then got here the drawn-out lawsuit between Cunningham and screenwriter Victor Miller over the copyright to the unique Friday the thirteenth. Miller ended up profitable the copyright inside america.

ADVERTISEMENT

Since Miller has the copyright, he and Cunningham must come to some type of settlement with one another earlier than a brand new film may go into manufacturing (with out one or the opposite threatening to file one other lawsuit). Earlier this 12 months, Cunningham said that either side of the argument are “really dug into foxholes. They’re not going to throw any grenades, but I don’t think anyone is going to call for peace talks.” But when New Line Cinema, Roy Lee, and Sean S. Cunningham all now have hope that we’re going to get a brand new Friday the thirteenth quickly, a deal should have been made.

Are you getting excited to see a brand new Friday the thirteenth go into manufacturing? Share your ideas on this one by leaving a remark beneath.

Friday the 13th 2009

ADVERTISEMENT

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Adblock Detected

To browse our website, please disable your Ablocker.